Monday, November 22, 2010

Module 1 (A)musing

I found Kevin Kelly’s ideas about technology very interesting. I think technology including the use of the Web is an extension of our already existing knowledge and capabilities. I’m probably going off tangent here and I may sound New Agey but I think we invented technologies because we have forgotten how to do things with our own mind and bodies. For example, we invented the telephone so we could communicate instantly to people….then we wanted something faster and visual so the Internet came about. We are all ‘connected’ now. But why is there a need for a telephone or a computer when we can connect just by using our mind – something called ‘telepathy’. I think I read somewhere that we only use 12% of our brain capacity. What about the rest of it? Is it lying dormant ready to be unleashed by some cosmic dragon? Anyways, my point is we are on an evolution and technologies will keep emerging and re-emerging until we reach a point when we don’t need them anymore and we’ll be communicating via our own brain waves. Faaaar out man…

No comments:

Post a Comment