Monday, July 5, 2010

First Time Blogger

I must say, setting up this blog account wasn't as hard as I thought. This is the first time I'm 'blogging' and so far so good. Of course, in the true sense of the word I have been 'blogging' since I was 16 years old - the only difference is the technology being used - compare pen and paper to keyboard and screen...and also the fact that this journal entry will be seen and read by thousands if not millions of people - I'm hoping anyway!

I am currently studying my Masters in Information Studies at Charles Sturt University and one of my subjects is called Teacher Librarianship. It sounded interesting so I signed up for it. Prior to this I am unaware of what Teacher Librarians (TL) do. I'm still waiting for the subject modules and forum to appear in our thingamajig (see how techno savvy I am??) then I'll start reading what you guys do out there and the challenges you may have. From my research it seems like lack of funding - but what's new? Most libraries suffer from that. I studied library marketing in the last study session and perhaps effective marketing programs may be needed to improve the library's financial situation. But then again there may be other obstacles that TL's are currently facing, perhaps in relation to current education policies - I don't know at this stage but be sure I will find out.

The Armchair Librarian manages information remotely.

No comments:

Post a Comment